1. LECTURE SERIES & ARTIST TALKS
The Oxbow Gallery presents
Art: 21 Film Screening + Potluck
Saturday, April 22, 2017, 6 pm
Free and open to the public
Art in the 21st Century (Art: 21) is a PBS series that presents artists working in the United States today while “taking viewers behind the scenes — and beyond the museum or gallery experience — into artists’ studios, homes, and communities to provide an intimate view of their lives, work, creative processes, and sources of inspiration.”
Bring a dish to share and come join us for a medley of food and art while we learn more about the mesmerizing work of Kerry James Marshall, Vija Celmins, and William Kentridge.
The Oxbow Gallery
273 Pleasant Street
Northampton, MA 01060
(check here for details of upcoming events)
2. CURRENT MEMBERS NEWS
Members shows outside of Oxbow Gallery location
3. Oxbow Gallery membership
The Oxbow Gallery is a cooperative gallery of 39 members. During a three-year period each member has a show in the large front gallery and a show in the back gallery, in addition to participation in two group shows annually. All proceeds from sales go to the artist/member. Gallery hours are Thursday – Sunday from 12-5 pm, and from 5-8 on Arts Night Out.
Dues per year are $1,113 for non-sitting and $579 for sitting members. Sitting members work at the gallery desk one afternoon every four weeks. Application may also be made for non-sitting, shared memberships; two artists at $567 each.
Applicants should indicate their preferred type of membership.
Requirements for Application. Currently, membership is full, but check back here for future open application.
- Contact Information (printed out): name, email, phone, address and preferred membership type: non-sitting, sitting, or shared.
- 5 images of your work on a flash drive. JPEG images should be at 150 dpi and no dimension should exceed 1024 pixels or 10 inches. Label your files in the following manner: last name _first name_image1.jpg, each subsequent image being 2,3,4,5.
- Annotated Image Sheet (printed out). List your name, title, dimensions, media and the date of completion for each work, numbered to correlate with the labeled files.
- A printed resume and an artist’s statement. If you have particular skills or interest in coop galleries, please mention.
- One or two pieces of actual work, identified on the back. Please, no wet paint.
- A check for the application fee of $25.00 made payable to Oxbow Gallery. Accepted artists will have this credited towards their membership fee.
Please deliver to and pick up all materials at The Oxbow Gallery once membership is open again. Times to be determined at time of open membership time.
Questions? Contact Joanne at 413-213-0054 10am-8pm